Houston Safari Club is committed to furthering the education of students pursuing a career in conservation.
In conjunction with its charitable arm, the American Conservation and Education Society* (ACES), we proudly present the Dan L. Duncan Scholarship Program.
HSC annually awards scholarships to students currently involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. Since the program’s inception in 1999, 449 scholarships have been awarded, totaling over 1.8 million dollars. HSC proudly recognizes and encourages students who have exhibited academic excellence and exemplary character through our prestigious scholarship program.
HSC understands that the future of conservation depends on the education of bright and gifted scholars who will work to protect hunter’s rights and wildlife conservation for decades to come. Many HSC scholarship recipients have gone on to become thought leaders and game-changers in the conservation world.
*ACES is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Interested in Applying For a Scholarship?
Scholarships are awarded annually for those students currently involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management.
- Course work hours qualifying as a junior at the time of application.
- Must have a positive hunting advocacy viewpoint on wildlife management and land management.
- Must be an active hunter.
- Must have a 3.0 grade point average or better.
- Must show good leadership abilities
To apply for scholarship please submit a packet with the following:
- Introductory cover letter.
- Description of Coursework yet to be completed.
- Official transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Graduate students must Include Thesis project information. No more than 1 page.
- Current photograph.
Packets must be received by the HSC office no later than June 1. Applications received after June 1 will be applied to the following year.
Houston Safari Club
Attn: Dan L. Duncan Scholarship Committee
9432 Katy Freeway, Suite 350, Houston, TX 77055